Monday, September 12, 2016

Abortion: Is It the Only Way for independent Unmarried Pregnant Girl?



Being a parent is not an easy task at all. However, when you are sharing the burden with someone you can get a sigh of relief if you want. However, when you are a single parent the challenge becomes tougher. People generally choose the option of abortion though I took different decision to give to the child. Here, I have shared my story including the challenges faced by me being of a single mother.
Initial Decision: When my boy friend left me I was four months pregnant and was in a mess that what to do and what not. Abortion inIndia is not at all a very tough thing to do, but I did not choose that. I remained stick to my decision to give birth to my child. However, many people have went against me, even at a once my parents were against me. Apart from my home there were others who also protested my decision of being a single mother. Even my parents threw me out of home.  It was hard for me to get a house in that situation. Neither did I have any PG to get myself accommodated. However, with the help of my colleagues I found a n accommodation for first few months.
Giving Birth: When you are in need of the support of your family, and you are left all alone, it really makes the situation difficult. As I choose not to go for an abortion, I was completely left alone, however two of my friends were with me while I was admitted to hospitals. Nevertheless, during the middle months I had to go to office for my livelihood. However, all the pains become lesser when I first saw my boy.
Financial Obligation: As there was no one with me, I had always in a financial crisis. In addition, I shifted to a rented apartment as I could not stay in a PG with my new born. It was also a difficult task for a single mother to get an accommodation. I did not have much bank balance so it becomes difficult for me to cope up with the new expenditures. As well as I was in fear that after two months when I have to join my office back who will take care of my new born. However, at no point I have regretted on my decision of keeping my baby, and not to go for an abortion.
Childcare: Once the first few months get over, I started searching for a baby care who would take care of my child while I will be at office. It was a very tough choice for me, as I have to find a girl who will be expert in baby care as well as a reliable person. However, after a long search at last I have found a nanny for my little boy.
Balancing Life: This was the toughest part of my life to balance between life and work and motherhood. Going not for an abortion was a tough call for me but to raise the baby along with keeping my work is tougher. However, maintaining a daily routine makes life easier to bring up the child single handedly.
Social acceptance: In a country like India, the social acceptance of a single mother is very less. Even I did not found accommodation easily. Along with that, my relatives and office colleges at initial stages suggested me to abort despite knowing that I wanted keep my baby. However, in order to live a life of a single mother, a woman needs to be very strong at least mentally and not succumbed easily to the societal pressure.
Currently my boy was aged two years and I am enjoying every moment with him. There are lot of challenges has came into my way. However, I enjoyed all the challenges and faced them bravely. I know it was a very tough decision to not going for abortion and raising children alone. I know that in future also, many challenges are going to come in my way but I have the confidence to over come those also. I can only suggest to others that to keeping a baby or not should entirely be your decision. If you have the confidence to raise the baby alone then keep the pregnancy, else you can go for an abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment